In windows XP, you can protect your files and folders by adding a password. And no software is necessary for this purpose! All you need is just to create a ZIP file and set a password. Let's do it.
- First, select the files and folder that needs to be password protected.
- Now right click on it and send it to Compressed (zipped) folder.
- Double click on the zipped folder to open it.
- Now click on the file menu and select Add a password.
- Type and confirm the password in the Add Password window and hit OK.
- From now, whenever someone tries to open this folder, he will be supposed to enter the password to open the file.
|Click to enlarge image|
And sorry to note this system has been removed from Windows 7 and Windows 8.
Stay with Marks PC Solution to get more interesting IT topics!