As an advanced user you may need to install and uninstall different programs on your PC very often. If you do so then you might experience a common problem that almost all other users face.
That is, sometimes removed program names still shows on the Add/Remove Programs list. Although it creates no problem but enough to bother you. You may think how funny! I removed the program but it shows in the list!
The main reason of this problem is to delete the program directly from program file instead of uninstalling it. Even it might be caused by any bug in the software. Don't be afraid. Because in this post I am showing an easy and effective solution to this problem.
Precaution: To do this task you need to modify the registry. So make sure you're capable enough to follow the all steps accurately. Any mistake while modifying the registry may lead to serious problem.
- Press Start + R and type regedit in the Open box and hit Enter Button.
- Now locate and click the following registry file: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall
- Each key under uninstall represent a program. Now find for programs than you removed but still showing the list.
- After you identify the registry key that represents the program that is still in Add/Remove Programs, right-click the key, and then click delete.
- Now close the Registry Editor and go to Add/Remove Program list from Control Panel to verify that the program for which you deleted the registry key is not listed.
Hope this will solve your problem. For your convenience, an image is given for you below.
|Click to enlarge the image|
Stay with Marks PC Solution to get more interesting IT topics!