Firefox is one of the top browsers. Though its market share is falling down. But still more or less 40% net users (NB: It varies time to time) use Mozilla Firefox as their default browser. Ask why? Due to its thousands of popular add-ons, compatibility with most of the websites etc. etc..
As used by large number of users, there are also a large number of complaints. A common complaint is made by the users who use limited bandwidth is- Automatic Update. Because Firefox is a popular browser, this is the choice of hackers to attack. So, Mozilla provides updates very frequently.
And most of the updates may not be required by the normal people. They may try to turn off the update. But where is the option? Today, I'm gonna show how to turn off the auto update of Firefox. Follow the steps below:
- Open Mozilla Firefox.
- Choose Options from the Tools menu.
- Then go to the Advanced Tab.
- Now hit on the Update option as you can see in the image below.
- Then you can choose any option under the Firefox Updates option as you like.
- I recommend to choose: Never check for updates. That's it.