Often you may need to calculate your age. Or someone may ask you to calculate his/ her date. And sometimes you may need to calculate the difference between two dates. There are many third party tools (small software) to calculate the difference between the two days.
If you're using Windows 7/ 8 then you don't need any other tool to calculate the difference between two dates. Because Windows 7 and 8 has a nice calculator. It allows you to calculate age or date difference.
To calculate a date using Windows 7/8 calculator-
- Press Start + R > type calc > hit Enter.
- Now go to the View menu and choose Date Calculation.
- Now enter the From date and To date and hit on Calculate button.
But my today's discussion is not this one. Today I'm gonna show you how to calculate the age or the difference between two dates using Microsoft Excel! You just need to download a file and then open it. Download the file from the link below:
This is a zip folder. After downloading the folder, first you need to unzip it. There are 3 files:
- A Read Me file
- An xls file for Office 97-2003 users
- An xlsx file for Office 2007 and 10 users
Open the file that is compatible with your version of Microsoft Excel. After opening the file you will see some text as showing in the image above. Now do the following:
- Input current date in the day, month and year column.
- Input your birth date or the date from where you want to calculate in the day, month and year column.
- Now you get the difference or your age in the Age row.
Remember: Formulas used in this file for calculation are hidden. Never try to change it unless you're capable. If you make any mistake then it will not show you the correct result. If you wanna change the formulas, first you have to keep a back up copy of the file.
Hopefully this file will be very useful for you. If you wanna know about something or expect something from us, just leave a comment with your feedback/ opinion.
Thanks for visiting Marks PC Solution . . .