Today I've come with an interesting and funny post for you. Maybe you've already realized what the topic is. Because the post title defines the post clearly!
Android OS is now very popular for mobile devices. Even with some limitations, exciting features of Android devices are now minimizing the Market Share of Apple and Samsung. On the other hand, Nokia is out of competition for last few years. But the Lumia Series are now getting popularity among the mobile users.
Before moving to the topic I'd like to share something with you. You know I've moved from Dhaka to Khulna with my new job. Now I am in Eid Vacation. I hardly used mobile earlier. But as I am now in Khulna, I need to contact home frequently. So I purchased an Android Phone. Normally I don't write about mobile devices. Only few posts have been published so far. But from now and then you may get more tips on Mobile Devices!
Okay let's back to the track. I'm gonna show a magical tips today- Convert Android into Windows! Get ready for that . . .
- This is a zipped file (2.66 MB)
- After downloading the file you need to unzip it.
- Now connect your phone to PC and copy the file to your phone memory card. (You just need to copy the file to your memory card any how. You can use Bluetooth or card reader too.)
- Now go to your device file explorer. Locate the file where you've kept it. Hit the file named Launcher8_126.96.36.199-1.apk.
- A new screen will appear and ask you to give permission to install it. (Read the important message before installing)
- Hit on the install button and wait few seconds. Now hit on the open button and see magic.
Important: Before you install, you must know:
Normally android will not let you install third party tools unless it is downloaded from Google Play Store. You may get error/ warning message when you hit on the Launcher 8 file. To avoid warning and continue to installation you need to change your settings as below:
- Go to the Settings > Applications > Check the option named Unknown Sources (Allow installation of non-Market applications) > That's it.
What is this actually?
This is nothing but a theme of Windows 8. After installing this theme on your Android Device, your phone will look like Nokia Lumia or Windows Phone. You will be able to see live tiles. But all other tasks will be operated by Android System. This theme pack works with both Mobile and Tablet.
When you click on the home button of your device, it will ask you whether to complete action using Launcher 8 or Android.
Don't be afraid. It's simply a look of Windows 8. All your settings, system will remain unchanged.
And if you face any problem or if you don't wanna use it no problem. You can easily uninstall it from your device.
How to Uninstall?
Very Simple. Just follow the process below:
Settings > Applications > Manage Applications > Hit on the Launcher 8 > Hit on the Uninstall button.
Please let me know by comment- Whether you enjoyed this or not . . . :)
Stay with Marks PC Solution to get more interesting IT topics!