While applying for the AdSense, there are different ways you might get disapproved by Google. One of them is Incompatible Site. You will get a message like this - Site does not comply with Google policies. It's really frustrating when your site's content is okay but Google denies your AdSense request.
Today I would like to discuss how to solve the issue - Site does not comply with Google policies. In fact, after having the custom domain, I'm also facing the same problem. But I can solve it within few days.
There are three major areas on which you have to focus in order to make your site compatible with Google AdSense policies:
- Design and Content Guidelines
- Technical Guidelines
- Quality Guidelines
Though you will get a detailed discussion in Google Webmaster Guideline Page, I'd like to summarize the topic for you. Because only few people have the patience to read a 1200 words + article! And some of the issues are highly technical. I will try to make them as clear as possible.
Design and Content Guidelines
- Your site should have a clear hierarchy and text links. Every page should be accessible from at least one static text link. I suggest you to use Blog Archive and Categories.
- Provide a sitemap for the users so that they can explore your site as they want.
- Make your site useful and informative. Keep your contents accurate and clear. Read my contents writing guidelines . . .
- Think about the words which users might search for and include those words in your contents post titles. Don't forget to relate your contents to those key words.
- Images are not recognized by search engines. Use as much text as possible in your contents. And label your images properly, consider using the Alternative description too.
- Try to find out HTML errors (if any) and fix them.
- Keep your site faster. Analyze the loading time of your site through various tools available over the web. Slower sites get less pageviews. So, never let it down.
- Test your site in major browsers (ie. Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Opera, Safari etc.) and make sure that it appears correctly.
- Properly use robots.txt so that search engines can crawl your site smoothly.
- Get your domain registered in high quality servers.
- Build your contents primarily for the users, not for the search engines.
- Never try to deceive/mislead your users.
- Never follow the illegal techniques that automatically improve your search ranking position by cheating the search engines. (Black Hat SEO)
- Differentiate your site from competitors. Keep it unique, informative and valuable for the users.
Avoid the Following Techniques
- Generating Contents Automatically
- Participating in Link Exchange
- Cloaking - Showing different contents to human and search engines
- Redirecting the Users to an Unwanted Site
- Hiding Text/Links
- Participating in Affiliate Programs without Sufficient Contents
- Using Irrelevant Keywords to Improve Search Ranking
- Spreading Virus, Malware, Spam, Phishing etc.
Violating any of the above rules may take your site down in the search engine rank position. And your site may not comply with Google AdSense Policies.