Today I'm gonna write about an amazing trick for you! By this time you've already understood about what I'm talking about. Yes, you can change windows password without knowing it. But PC should be in a running condition!
This is a very easy method. If you're new user then you might face some problems. But mid level user can do this within few minutes. But your PC should be in the Administrator mode to do this task.
This system has been tested for Windows 8 and 7. But this method may also work on Windows XP. Okay let's start.
- Open Command prompt as Administrator. XP users don't require Administrative mode.
- Now type this command and press enter- net user
- Now type another command and press enter- net user Administrator *
- Type the new password and press enter.
- Retype the password and press enter.
- If password is changed then you will see the message- the command completed successfully.
Remember: When you typing the new password, you cursor will not be moved. Don't be afraid. You can take help from the image below:
And don't forget to create a Password Reset Disk to avoid any accident. If you have the reset disk you can change your password if forgotten.
Also read this post- How to Set a Password on Logon Screen.