It's been a decade since Google AdSense started its operation. It has been a trusted name both for the publishers and the advertisers. Because AdSense provides a free, flexible and reliable earning source to the publishers. With the help of AdSense, you can monetize your web contents. You can earn through your websites, blogs or forums.
AdSense is helping the advertisers too. It has helped more than two million partners grow their business during the last 10 years! Google publishes ads through numerous blogs, websites, forums, mobile sites across the world. And thus it is possible for the advertisers to reach every corner of the world.
As a part of the celebration, AdSense shares 10 tips for 10 years with the audience. Here I'm just sharing those tips with you in brief. Or you can simply follow the link above to get the PDF file.
- Create Great Content: Google likes unique and fresh contents. Sites with useful, unique and fresh contents are easily get indexed by the search engines. And that's why, one of the key to success in AdSense is creating great contents. You should also refresh your old posts/ articles to keep them alive. And never try to copy from others. This is really a bad idea. Read more- Post writing guidelines for bloggers . . .
- Serve both Text & Image Ads: You should use both types of ads. Never choose only image ads or only text ads. Choose both of them. If you're not serving image ads to load your site faster, you're losing some revenues.
- Think Multi-Channel: Not only focus on the desktop version of your site. Make sure that your mobile site also provides a good experience. Because a large number of people are viewing web through mobile phones. And within few years, most of the people will be surfing the net using their mobile phones.
- Experiment, Research & Test: You should think about the optimum sizes and styles of the ads. You should research which ads gives you more revenue. You can find details from your AdSense Account. Ad sizes 300x250, 336x280, 728x90 and 160x600 are the most popular formats among the advertisers.
- Track your Success: You should track your success- whether you're on the track or not. You must be aware of the reports of your AdSense control panel. You should know how to use those information. Spend a little time to know how to use the reports generated by your AdSense control panel.
- Control the Appearance of the Ads: By default, ads of all categories are allowed on your site. Anytime, you can allow or block a particular ad category. If irrelevant ads appear on your site, you should block them. For example, Marks PC Solution is related to technology. Here the ads maybe to related hardware, software, antivirus etc. If anything like gambling, politics, drugs appear in my site, I must block them as soon as possible.
- Follow the Personalized Tips: Never miss the tips which are customized for you. You may remember while creating AdSense account there was an option- Send Customized Tips. If you marked that option you will get personalized tips from AdSense team. These tips could be very useful for the success.
- Connect with Other Publishers: You must consult with other publishers to know the secret to success. You can join the community "Learn with Google for Publishers" on Google+.
- Keep your Site Complied with AdSense Policy: Your site must be complied with the AdSense policies. You must follow their rules while developing or creating a site. Otherwise you may not get your account approved. Or it maybe banned at any time. And if you get banned once, it will be really challenging for you to get it back.
If you're working with AdSense, don't miss the following tips: