Adobe Photoshop offers some extraordinary photo editing tools that make it a great program to the users. Hue/ Saturation is one of them. With this tool you can modify the color of your photos and images. Let's explore this tool . . .
- Adobe Photoshop (I prefer CS5 or 6)
- Some photos or images (I prefer flowers)
Using Hue/ Saturation
- Open Photoshop.
- Go to the File Menu > Open an image you need to modify.
- Now go to the Image Menu > Adjustment > Hue/ Saturation (Keyboard Shortcut: Ctrl+U)
- You will get three options: Hue to modify the color, Saturation to adjust the amount of color > Lightness to adjust the lighting.
- Move the slider of Hue (left to right or right to left) and observe the changes.
- You can also try other options here (at your own responsibility).
- Finally, press OK and Save your image. That's it!
Showing you some Illustrations:
Open it using photoshop > Image > Adjustment > Hue/ Saturation > Change the value of Hue from 0 to -55. And you will get the following view:
Here I've used -75 in Hue and got the following image -
Modify the Color of a Part . . .
If you don't need to modify the color of whole picture then you can select the part you wanna modify. Simply use the Marquee tool by press M.
Lots of flowers ha? You can download them all!!
Keyboard Shortcuts used in this tutorial -
- Hue/Saturation: Ctrl + U
- Open: Ctrl + O
- Marquee Tool: Ctrl + M
- Crop: C
- Polygonal Lasso Tool: L
- Move Tool: V
Glad to get you here. Keep reading . . .