I was expecting some new themes from blogger for a long time. As a renowned blogging platform, blogger should have more professional themes. And finally some beautiful themes have been added to the list. Now the blogger users can choose from 11 categories of themes . . .
Previously blogger had only the following themes -
- Dynamic Views
- Picture Window
- Awesome Inc.
And the new categories are -
Each new category includes 5 variations.
How to Change Theme?
Changing your blog theme is as easy as changing your phone wallpaper. But before you make any change, you should preview it and customize the theme if necessary. You should also keep a backup your current theme.
If you would like to change your theme, then follow the procedure below:
- Go to your blogger dashboard.
- Then move to the Theme (Previously it was known as Template).
- Here you will see the list of default themes by blogger.
- Now click any of them which attract you most.
- Now you will be able to see the preview. If you like it then hit on Apply to Blog button.
- Or if you need to change some parts of the theme, then hit on the Customize button and make necessary changes.
- After making the changes, if your site looks good, then hit on the Apply to Blog button and view your site. That's it.
Is it Necessary to Adapt the New Themes?
No, not at all. If you think that your current template is nicely designed, then you need to bring any change. But if you're now using any old blogger theme without modification, then I will suggest you to try out the new ones.
They are really gorgeous. Depending on your contents you will guess which theme looks better. You can also take suggestions from your visitors.
New themes come with some features which are not available in previous templates. Some new features are -
- Featured Post
- Keep reading button
- Better position for ads
- Great designs of Layout
Some of these features are easily found in the third party templates. But the difference is that, the third party templates are not fully compatible with blogger layout design. But these default themes are blogger's own and that's why you will no problem to work with them.
So guys, give a great look to your site . . .