Do you know, you can claim your domain/site in Facebook to get insights? If you register your site on Facebook, you can view analytics for referral traffic, stories, user engagement and other related information. And definitely this will help you to take better actions for your site.
I always say, if Facebook were a country, it could be the most populated state of the world. It's a site with the most registered active users. No other site, even Google and Twitter can't attract users as much as Facebook. Most of the users waste their valuable time on Facebook.
But as a blogger/ web developer/ app developer, you can't either waste your time or avoid Facebook. You can take advantage of the popularity of Facebook. You can promote your website/ blog/ app on Facebook. You can do this in your way. I'm not gonna interfere there!
Today I'm writing about - claiming/ registering a site on Facebook. You can do this easily. All you need is just adding a simple meta tag before your closing head (</head>) tag.
Never try this trick if you -
- Don't have a website/ blog
- Don't have a Facebook ID
Okay, I'm talking too much for a little trick! Let's back to the track -
- Visit this page - Facebook Insignts
- Domain Insights > Add your Domain
- A new window will appear with your name and a meta property
- Type your site's URL there (ie. www.markspcsolution.com)
- Copy the meta property (ie. <meta property="fb:admins" content="100002117543096" />) and paste it in your site's HTML closing head tag.
- Now hit on the get insights button.
- If you're done properly, you will see your domain here.
Hope you've completed the task easily. But I couldn't do this as easily. Don't know why the meta property didn't appear when I was trying to implement the code in my site. Maybe something was wrong in that time when I was trying.
If anybody face the same problem, I mean if the meta property with your numeric FB ID didn't appear as shown in the above image, follow the steps below -
- Go to Facebook Insights
- Hit on the Add a Domain button
- Enter your domain in the domain box
- Find your numeric Facebook ID
- Copy the following code and paste it in your site's HTML header section
<meta property="fb:admins" content="100002197543196" />
Replace the above numeric ID with yours. And the code should be placed before the closing head tag - </head>
You can also use several IDs here. Suppose you want multiple users to get your site's insights. Then you can use more than one ID as below -
<meta property="fb:admins" content="102117543096, 10034534562" />
Remember, this will just help you to get insights from facebook. If you wanna customize your sharing URL, Image or description you need to use Open Graph. I will discuss it later. Thanks.