In my previous post I discussed about adding your business to Google Maps. And in this post I would like to talk about claiming a business on Maps. If your business is not already listed on Google then you can read my previous post. But if your organization is already listed then you're good to go . . .
Prerequisites for Claiming your Business
- Your business should be listed on Google Maps
- Android Phone with GPS & Data Connection
- Google Maps Application
- Browser (I prefer Google Chrome)
- My Business App (Optional)
Steps in Claiming the Business
- Open Google Maps on your Android Device.
- Search and locate your business on Maps.
- Tap on your business and it will prompt you to a new window.
- Choose the option - Claim this business.
- Now you will be redirected (maybe by your web browser) to this address - business.google.com.
- Here you need to confirm your business. Tick the option - I'm authorized to manage this business . . . > Continue.
- Tap on the Mail button > Google will show you postcard sample > Type a contact name if necessary > Hit on the Send Postcard button.
- Within few weeks (less than 30 days) this postcard should reach the destination.
- After you get the postcard, get the PIN from there, and follow the steps again. Finally verify your business location by entering the PIN. That's it!
Verifying your business address on Google will provide you several advantages. When people search for your organization using Google search, Google will show your business location on Google Map, including your phone number and web address.
And from that search result, your prospective clients can make direct phone call to you. It will also include photos and images you provided.
Hopefully this post will help you. Continue with Marks PC to get more useful contents in the future . . .