Sometimes you may not want your friends to access your files and folders. Or you may like to hide a specific drive or all drives of your hard disks. And this trick will also help you to make your friend surprised!
Group Policy Editor will allow you to do this task. You can do it by following few steps. Let's try:
- Open Run or Press Windows Logo + R.
- Now type gpedit.msc and press Enter.
- Then hit on Administrative Templates from the left panel located under User Configuration.
- Double Click on Windows Components and find Windows Explorer then open it.
- Now find and open Hide these specified drives in My Computer.
- Click on Enabled and select Restrict All Drives or the drive you wanna hide and hit OK.
If you again get them back, then follow the above steps. But in the 6th step select Disabled or Not Configured and then Apply ==> OK. Now check My Computer. If the drives are not shown then restart your PC.
Note: This tricks is for your computer security. You can also surprise others. But don't try to harm people or don't make them scared.
Stay with Marks PC Solution to get more interesting IT topics!