By default your blogger blog will have a generic navigation bar like other blogger sites. But it doesn't look professional if your site has common navigation bar at the top of it. And this is actually not very essential for your site. So you can remove it without any hesitation. Of course you can get it back any time if you change your mind.
To be honest the default navigation bar of blogger has few advantages. It will allow your visitor to:
- Search your site
- Share your site on Google +
And it also allow you to:
- Sign in to your site or sing out from your site
- Access your blogger dashboard
But professional bloggers neither like to navigate from here nor let the visitors to use this. They like to use custom sharing and navigation options within the blog area. So, if you would like to give a professional look to your blogger blog then you can remove it from your site. Just do the following:
- Make sure you're logged in to your blogger account.
- Go to the dashboard and hit on the Layout.
- Find the Navbar widget and click on Edit as shown in the image below.
- There are 6 types of navigation bar. And at the end there is Off option.
- Select Off and Save it. That's it. Now visit your site.
You can get it back anytime. To turn on this bar follow all the above steps. Just choose any of the 6 type of bars in the step 5.