Today I'm gonna talk about improving the loading time of website or blog. Well this is not a new post in this blog. You will find the following posts related to this one:
To be honest, I'm not an expert in optimizing websites or blogs. Again I can say, someone shouldn't be HTML or CSS expert to improve the loading time. There are lots of free online tools to test the loading time of website or blog. Today I will discuss about a site named Pingdom Tools.
- First of all you need to visit here.
- Enter your Home Page URL in the blank box and hit Test Now button.
- Within few seconds you will get an score or result as the above image.
Just under this short result you will get some buttons named as:
- Performance Grade
- Page analysis
Each of this options will show you a detailed analysis of the tested URL. If you analyse the result then you will be able to know which part of your site needs to be optimized.
Here are few suggestions for you:
- Use the minimum number of images
- Use the minimum number of CSS/Java/HTML scripts
- Try to place the Java/HTML script to the bottom of the site
- Do not upload your scripts in the slow servers
- Try to keep the size of image minimum
- Avoid using any unnecessary scripts that is only for beautification purpose