Though Windows 10 Pro users can easily disable Automatic Update, Home users can't! Because they don't have Group Policy Editor. And Registry Settings for turning off auto update doesn't work too. In this situation, if you're a home user then you can stop automatic update through Services.
At the end of last year, I've published another post on disabling Windows 10 Auto Update. But it doesn't work with Windows Home edition. If you're using Windows 10 Pro or Enterprise edition, then follow the link below -
Turn off Automatic Update (Specially For Home Users)
- Go to Control Panel.
- Open Administrative Tools.
- Click twice on Services.
- Lots of services will be there. Press W > Scroll down and find Windows Update. (Or Press Start + R > Type services.msc > Press Enter > Find Windows Update)
- Double click on it to open Windows Update Properties.
- Make sure you're on the General tab.
- Choose Startup type Disabled. If you'd like to update manually, then choose Manual.
- Now look at the Service status. If it's running, stop it.
- Finally, hit on the Apply > OK.
Hope this will work. Let me know whether it works or not. If you face any sort of problem, inform me. Waiting for your feedback . . .