Have you ever used your smartphone to control TV, DVD, AC or Electric Fan? Or do you know you can do it? To be honest, it's not a surprise anymore. Yes, you can control almost any appliances (which are controlled by infrared) through your smartphone.
- An Android Phone with Sensor (Infrared Transmitter)
- An App (I'm recommending ZaZaRemote)
If you search for remote control app on Google Play, you will get many. But all of them are not useful. I've used ZaZaRemote and it performs better.
ZaZaRemote is an absolutely free tool to control your electrical/electronic devices. If you've this app installed on your phone, you can control all kinds of infrared appliances including -
- Air Conditioner
- TV/ DVD
- Electric Fan
- Network Box
- Satellite etc.
ZaZaRemote has a database which supports over 6,000 brands of devices. Follow the link below to get the app -
How to Use?
After downloading the app, it will be installed on your mobile automatically. Now you've to run the app.
- Look at the top left corner of the app. There will be a button. Hit on it.
- Here you will see the list of devices which are already added. And you will get Add Remote option. Hit on Add Remote button.
- In the next screen, you've to choose Appliance Type - TV, AC, DVD etc. Choose your device type here - i.e. TV.
- Now you will get the list of TV brands. Choose one - i.e. Samsung, TCL or Sony.
- Suppose you've selected Samsung TV. Make sure your TV is plugged in. Now hit on the Power button that appears on your phone screen. If it responds, then hit on the Has response button. (Also check network signals)
- My TV Brand is TCL. Look at the remote for TCL.
- You can also change the skin color. Hit on the top right icon of the app to get this option. Then change your skin color to white or black.
This app works fine with all recent devices. I've personally tested this app for TV, AC and Projector. But it doesn't work with old appliances which were made 10/ 12 years ago.
But this app has a huge database. It supports most of the brands. At least have a look at the device list. Then you will realize.
Hope all of you will enjoy this app . . .