Naturally people get bored when they see too much ads on TV Channels, Newspapers, Magazines even on blogs and websites. But a clever publisher's task is to make the ads interesting and useful for the visitors. Today I would like to share some rules for ad placement with you. Read the full article carefully and express your opinion if any.
Ad Placement Guidelines:
- Place ads in a place where the visitors can easily see them.
- You can place ads at the top, at the right side bar and within your posts too.
Make sure the ad categories are related to your site. For example if your site is related to Computer, Internet, Hardware or something like that, then ad categories should be like - Antivirus, Software, Technology etc. Irrelevant ads will not be able to impress the visitors. Even they may feel uneasy if any adult ads appear while visiting your site.
Never do the Following / Ads Behavior:
This is an important issue while placing ads on your site. Consider these carefully:
- Never place the ads which appear in a pop out/ fly out window. It does nothing but irritates the visitors. I usually never back to the sites that use pop out ads.
- Never use full page ads. Maybe it pays you better, but when you lose visitors it will give you nothing!
- Never use adfly ads or something like adfly on your site. People just hate it! :)
- Never place any ad that automatically redirects users in a new page or that automatically open a new window.
- Never place any ad that makes your site down. Be careful while placing heavy ads like flash.
- Never place any boring and irrelevant and adult ads on your site.
- Never place any ad that increases your site's loading time.
Visitors should be your primary concern. You should always try to retain your existing visitors. Never do anything that bores your visitors. Your site must be fast, safe, reliable and good looking. But it doesn't mean that you use too much colors and ads on your site.
While placing ads within your posts, make sure it doesn't create any problem to read the text. Because a person actually visits your site to collect information. If he faces any problem to read the text then why will he back to your site in the future?
Finally I would like to advise you, never try to deceive people. Never try to force them to click on ads. Let them understand what is the ads and what is your contents. If the visitors think the ads as your contents and hit on these then they might be angry with you.
Those who are using AdSense Ads or trying to get AdSense approved for your site, please read the following article:
We are waiting for your feedback. Visitors' comments are considered by Marks PC Solution.